We have fallen into a world where people are dependent on their phones and all the little nick nacks that come along with them. Having a camera and being able to send pictures is part of our culture. We are living in a time where the news is "served raw" and camera phones allow this exciting element of the news to happen. Whether news is the cute dog my friend had to send me a picture of as she headed to campus or a raging fire in someone's backyard we are able to spread the word at such a quick rate due to emerging technology.
Personally, I do not think this phone addiction is a bad thing but perhaps it has gotten a little out of hand. I swear I felt my pocket vibrate a few times and then quickly remembered my phone was not even on me! A cell phone is not a luxury any more it is a necessity. Whether it actually truly is 100% needed is debatable but as for now get out your Iphone or blackberry because while reading this you probably have received a text!
No comments:
Post a Comment