Friday, January 14, 2011

Constantly connected!

Reflecting on "G2: Life through a lens" from "The Guardian (London)"

The portable phone; started off being glued to the dashboard of your car, then into a portable "brick" and then into something a little sleeker with a luxury of being able to playing "snake" on your phone. Today our phones are literally our lives in a small portable device we either call a "Blackberry" or an "I Phone". It seems as if now more than ever these two phones are dominating all others. Whether your phone is on a 3G network or if you have an HD screen one thing for sure if your phone is definitely equipped with a camera!
These cameras are continently connected straight to the internet which allows us to document our every move- odd I know. But it seems majority of us camera phone lovers fall into doing so. This morning I received pictures from my brother’s friend documenting their night last night...Great. Being connected to everyone is so easy, almost too easy if you ask me.
So I am deciding to become unconnected. For a day I am going to remove the battery from my Blackberry (since shutting it off actually dose not completely shut it off) and see how hard or easy or maybe even how stress full this task is! How am I going to cope with not being able to take a picture of my breakfast to post on facebook so all my 620 "friends" can see it?
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment